Cauliflower can shine in many forms. This recipe shows how simple it is to turn the florets into a healthy, low-carb meal or side dish. This low-carb, Keto-friendly, and gluten-free alternative to grain rice is an easy and delicious option for many rice dishes! Our version has only about 1/4 of the carbohydrates in rice. With the olive oil and onions, the cauliflower has enough flavor to satisfy itself, and it can also be a base for stir-fries, beans, and rice, or anything else you would eat with rice.
Here is the detailed recipe –
- 1 large head cauliflower, separated into 1-inch florets
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 medium onion, finely diced
- 2 tablespoons fresh parsley leaves, finely chopped
- Juice of 1/2 lemon
- Trim the cauliflower florets, cutting away as much stem as possible. In 3 batches, break up the florets into a food processor and pulse until the mixture resembles couscous.
- Heat the oil over medium-high heat. At the first hint of smoke from the oil, add the onions, and stir. Continue cooking, stirring frequently, until the onions are golden brown at the edges and have softened for about 8 minutes. Add the cauliflower, and stir to combine. Add 1 teaspoon salt, and continue to cook, stirring frequently, until the cauliflower has softened, and 3 to 5 minutes. Remove from the heat.
- Transfer the cauliflower into a large serving bowl, garnish with the parsley, sprinkle with the lemon juice, and season to taste with salt. Serve warm.
Serving size – 1 cup
Calories – 140
Protein – 3g
Carbohydrates – 10g
Fat – 11g
Dietary Fiber – 3g