Protein Ice Cream? What?! Like a match made in heaven. Takes a bit of effort (and some cold hands!) but the result is a soft serve high protein ice cream! Ice cream is generally pretty high in fat which is why I went for a higher fat protein and higher fat milk to give it creaminess.
Using low fat versions will create more of an icy sorbet. I imagine most whey/casein blends would work pretty well with this!!
30g Protein Powder (Casein/Blend)
180ml Almond Milk
½ Cup Salt
Nutritional Info (per serving):
Calories – 168
Protein – 30g
Carbohydrates – 3g
Fat – 3g
Fiber – 1g
- Fill a large freezer bag with ice and add the salt.
- Mix the protein powder and almond milk in a smaller freezer bag and make sure it is secure (unless you want salty ice cream!).
- Put the small bag in the large bag and shake for 5-10 minutes (this is where your hands get cold!)
- Let it sit in the ice bag for a further 5 minutes.
- Remove, serve and be amazed!!