The eyes are the most important organs of our body; it lets us see the world around us.
As per the studies, nutrients like Omega 3 fatty acids, lutein, zinc and vitamin C, vitamin E, and Beta carotene may reduce the risk of age-related decline in eye health by 25%.
There’s a long list of foods that can help improve your vision and save your eyesight.
Listed below are some of them:
1. Carrot – Carrot contains beta carotene, which protects eyes against sun damage. Carrots are also rich in Vitamin A, which is most important for a healthy eye.
2. Broccoli – Broccoli is probably the most well-known when it comes to its nutrient quality. It is rich in both zeaxanthin and lutein, which are the most important eye nutrients.
3. Corn – Corn contains carotenoids that boost the macula (part of the eye) giving a sharp and strong vision. Corn gives us sharper vision and strong eyes.
4. Green Peas – Green peas contain lutein that helps to boost vision. It protects your eyes from age-related conditions like Cataract, glaucoma, macular degeneration.
5. Seafood – Fish such as tuna, mackerel, and salmon are some of the seafood rich in vitamin A. Fish are also rich sources of protein and contain omega – 3 fatty acids. Omega 3 protects tiny blood vessels in the eyes.
Our best advice would be to just eat loads of vegetables so you can stock up on your vitamins.
Don’t just take vitamin supplements, they are okay if you’re deficient in specific vitamins, but overall they don’t compare to eating the foods containing such vitamins.
Remember this beautiful saying from the bible – The eye is the lamp of the body. If your eyes are good, your whole body will be full of light (Matthew 6:22).