Deadlift is one of the best compound exercises for the overall growth and development of the entire body.
Form is vital to any lift. Using the wrong form will prevent you from properly utilizing all of the necessary muscles needed to generate maximum power for the lift. Also, the chances of injury are minimized if you perform the lift with correct form.
Many people who are new to deadlifts fail to execute it properly and end up doing more harm than good. To help everyone overcome this here is our list of top five tips to perform the deadlift properly and add serious weight to your deadlift.
1. The mixed grip: The reason for this is because the mixed grip allows you to li more as it stops gravity being able to pull the bar out of your hands as easily when your grip begins to fatigue.
2. Use a belt: Research has shown that wearing a belt will improve your stability and reduce spinal loading which can, in turn, increase your performance.
3. Perform Deadlifts First: It is advisable to make the deadlift the first exercise you do when you are at your freshest. This will ensure that you are able to lift more and get the maximum benefits out of your lifts.
4. Get your form right: Make sure that you are deploying the correct technique to perform the lift. Take help from your trainers and ask them to check your form and suggest improvements.
5. Deadlift More Often: To get better at any skill you need to practice, so deadlift 2-3 times a week to develop strength and get better at it.
Deadlift is the best exercise which helps you to work with the both upper and lower body in one movement. It will help you to improve your posture, build strength, pack on muscle and also it
helps you to reduce your fat. Not only deadlift helps you to build a great physique but also it will give you a confidence which makes you feel awesome.
And in the words of Jon Pall Sigmarsson – ‘There is no reason to be alive if you can’t do the deadlift!’