You want to get in shape and get rid of that excess fat, your nutritionist has designed a super clean diet for you which is low in calories, you are motivated enough but you are also a big foodie. This is a common situation faced by most of us when we aim to lose weight and start a calorie restricted diet.
So how do you deal with such a scenario and control your craving? Read the article to find out our top 5 ways to overcome those craving which will hamper your progress –
- Drink more Water: Drinking more water helps in suppressing hunger or food cravings. If you feel a sudden urge for a specific food, try drinking a large glass of water and wait a few minutes. You may find that the craving fades away, because your body was actually just thirsty. Drinking water before meals may reduce cravings and appetite, as well as help with weight loss.
- Eat More Protein: Eating more protein may reduce your appetite and keep you from overeating. Studies involving overweight men showed that increasing protein intake to 25% of calories reduced cravings by 60%
- Plan Your Meals: It is extremely important to plan your meals in advance. If you don’t have to think about what to eat at the following meal, you will be less tempted and less likely to experience cravings.
- Get Enough Sleep: Sleep deprivation may disrupt normal fluctuations in appetite hormones, leading to cravings and poor appetite control. It has been observed that staying up overnight leads to increased food craving and you may end up over eating.
- Eat more fiber rich foods: Including fiber rich foods like vegetables, seeds and nuts will give you a feeling of satiety, so that you don’t feel hungry. As an added benefit, Fiber-rich foods often contain many other beneficial nutrients, including vitamins, minerals, antioxidants and helpful plant compounds.