India has the highest rate of heart attacks in the world!
If you start taking care of your heart from a younger age, this can be taken under control.
Here are 5 best foods that will help keep your heart healthy –
1. Watermelon: Research shows that the L-citrulline amino acid found in watermelon can help lower your blood pressure and widen your blood vessels, leading to better heart health.
2. Berries: Berries are rich in potassium and can help reduce your LDL cholesterol levels and raise your HDL cholesterol levels. Thus helping unblock your arteries for a better heart health.
3. Fatty Fish: Fishes such as Salmon, Tuna, etc. are rich in omega 3 fatty acids. Omega-3s also, lower blood pressure slightly and can help prevent irregular heart rhythms, while also reducing inflammation throughout the body.
4. Nuts and seeds: Nuts and seeds are another awesome options to maintain a healthy heart. A handful of nuts daily has been shown to lower LDL cholesterol. Nuts are rich in vitamin E, fiber, protein, and many other heart-friendly nutrients.
5. Dark Chocolate: We have kept the best for the last. This amazing food tastes amazing and is also good for your heart. Dark chocolate is high in antioxidants and is associated with lowering the risk of heart disease. It prevents plaque build-up inside the arteries.
Be sure to consume chocolate that contains at least 70% of cocoa.
Diet plays an important role in keeping your heart healthy. Be sure to include these foods in your daily diet and get regular exercise that is all you need to keep your heart healthy.
And if you feel the slightest of discomfort in regard to your heart, be sure to consult your doctor about what dietary recommendations are best for you.
Take care of your Heart! February is Heart Health Month!