A resistance band is an elastic band made from natural rubber latex or synthetic rubbers, and is mainly used for strength training. Stretching, warming up, physical therapy, etc. these are the things that come to mind when we think of resistance bands. On the contrary, resistance bands are a great tool for increasing strength and adding some muscle. Let’s discuss some of the benefits of Resistance band training:
- Cost-effective: Resistance bands are cost-effective and despite being low cost, yet, the effectiveness of resistance band highly outweighs its modest price.
- Safe to use: Unlike free weights, resistance bands are extremely safe to use especially for an amateur lifter, as there is no risk of dropping heavy weights on your foot.
- Whole-Body workout: Resistance bands can be used for a comprehensive, full-body workout that challenges virtually every major muscle group in your body.
- Adds Variety: If you have never trained with a resistance band workout before, then believe me it could get quite intense for you and also it will be a welcome change from the usual free weight training to shock your muscles with a completely different workout.
- Combining with Free Weights: By using a resistance band and dumbbells at the same time, you’ll add challenge and variety to your exercises and keep seeing results without the need of buying heavier set of weights.
Resistance band workouts are effective if done correctly. If you are constantly challenging yourself with increased resistance and new exercises, workouts with resistance bands are often more effective than with body weight, and can even be as effective as with free weights.
At the end it all comes down to how much effort you are giving into your workout, be it weight training, resistance band, body weight or any other type of workout routine. Remember that – “Nothing will work unless you do!”