We have all seen such guys in the gym, who do thing that are dangerous, worthless, annoying, or simply put stupid. Training without a trainer, with improper form, using cellphones often, resting too long between the sets are some of these common mistakes that we see often in gym.
Let’s take a look at some of the most common mistakes that we see in gyms-
- Lifting too much weight: Young guys try and lift as much weight as possible without much importance to their form. This is a recipe for disaster as it will not only reap any benefits, but on the contrary increases the chances for injuries.
- Not changing their workout plans frequently: Your body starts to adapt and gets used to the same routine, done with the same number of sets, same rep ranges, same rest times, same exercises and same intensity. Hence it becomes extremely important to monitor your progress continuously and make changes to your workout routines so that you continue to move forward towards your goals.
- Training only the show off muscles: We often see young guys targeting only the show off muscles likes Biceps, chest, shoulder and ignoring other major muscle groups. You would seldom see them performing a compound lift.
- Resting for too long between sets: Resting between sets is extremely important and it gives your muscle time to recover and get ready for the next set. 30 to 60 sec is the optimum time of rest between the sets. However, we see often see young guys using their cellphones between sets, with no track of their rest times.
- Overtraining: This has to be one of the most common mistakes young beginner bodybuilders make. We need to be mindful of the fact that building muscle takes time and results do not happen overnight. Proper recovery of a muscle is extremely important for its optimum growth.