Hair loss is one of the most common health issues that generally affects the confidence and general well- being of an individual. It is quite common to lose 25-50 strands of hair on a daily basis, however if you are losing more hair daily, it is a cause for concern.
Here are some simple tips which can help to control hair fall to a good extent.
- Eat a Balanced diet: Vitamins are not only healthy for overall well-being but also good for your hair. Biotin is very important for hair health. A deficiency of biotin can cause hair fall and hair thinning. Other vitamins like A, E, B12 are also useful for hair health.
- Massage your Scalp regularly: Massage your scalp regularly with one of the essential oils to promote hair growth. Almond oil, coconut oil, castor oil etc have been proven to promote hair growth and can be considered an effective remedy against hair loss.
- Keep your hair clean: Make sure to wash your hair and keep them clean using a good quality, Sulphur free shampoo. This will ensure lower the risk of infections and dandruff that may lead to hair breakage or loss.
- De-stress yourself: Excessive stress is one of the most common causes of hair loss. A weekend getaway or a daily meditation routine is a good way of destressing yourself from the hectic daily life that we have today.
- Exercise regularly: Be it walking, running, gym workout or any other physical activity, a 30 minute session daily can help balance your hormones and thereby maintaining your hair health.
Other common causes for hair loss include smoking regularly, consumption of alcoholic beverages, using chemicals hair care products etc. Avoid these habits and you should be able to sport a thick and healthy hair for many more years to come!