Soft drinks are one of the most popular beverage consisting primarily of carbonated water, sugar, and artificial flavorings. Soft Drinks are tempting but they bring with them the risk of numerous dreadful Health conditions.
Whether you are a very active gym goer working hard to build that well sculpted physique or just another common man whose only intention is to live a healthy life, it is best to stay away from soft drinks. Let’s take a look at some of its health hazards.
- Soft drink contains extreme amounts of sugars. This amount of sugar, especially in liquid form, skyrockets the blood sugar and causes an insulin reaction in the body. Over time, this can lead to diabetes or insulin resistance.
- There is absolutely no nutritional value in soft drinks. It is an unnatural substance that harms the body. If you drink it regularly, you may be at risk for weight gain.
- Drinking soda based soft drinks regularly causes plaque to build up on the teeth and can lead to cavities.
- Aspartame is used as a substitute for sugar, and can actually be more harmful. It has been linked to almost a hundred different health problems including seizures, multiple sclerosis, brain tumors, diabetes, and emotional disorders.
- Due to ingredients such as caffeine, sugar and sodium body gets dehydrated on regular basis which if continued of the period of time can lead to chronic dehydration.
We all know that soft drinks are bad for health. Every other week we find a news article stating the potential health hazards linked to soft drinks. But still most of the people ignore everything and continue to gulp them as if there is no other alternative.
There are plenty of alternative of soft drink which you can switch on to for healthy life style. For instance, just have a glass of water to quench your thirst in place of gulping a can of soda. Try having green tea which is healthier substitute for soft drinks.