Green tea is prepared by steaming and pan-frying the leaves of Camellia sinensis plant and then drying them. It is one of the healthiest beverages on the planet, loaded with antioxidants and various substances that are beneficial for health.
Listed below are some of the amazing health benefits of Green Tea. Read to find out the reasons why it’s worthy to add Green Tea to Your Daily Regimen.
- Green tea has been shown to boost the metabolic rate and increase fat burning in the short term.
- Green tea is loaded with polyphenols like flavonoids and catechins, which function as powerful antioxidants.
- Green tea has powerful antioxidants that may protect against cancer. Multiple studies show that green tea drinkers have a lower risk of various types of cancer.
- The bioactive compounds in green tea can have various protective effects on neurons and may reduce the risk of both Alzheimer’s and Parkinson’s, the two most common neurodegenerative disorders.
- Some studies have shown that green tea can cause mild reductions in blood sugar levels. It may also lower the risk of developing type II diabetes in the long term.
- Antibacterial properties found in green tea are also used by your body to kill the bacteria that causes plaque on your teeth.
- One of the latest benefits of green tea is the effect it has on your skin and the aging process. It is again down to the antioxidants that prevent cell oxidation and damage that can make you look older than you really are.
Some people think green tea has a slight bitter taste, but if you use a good quality reputed product and brew it properly, it will not be much of a problem.
Avoid taking green tea at meal time because it can reduce the absorption of certain nutrients. Also, avoid having it at night when you are getting ready for sleep, as the caffeine can keep you awake in the night.
To reap the benefits of green tea, consume at least 2 cups daily and not more than 5 cups a day.