Hormones are substances produced by your endocrine glands that have a tremendous effect on bodily processes. They affect growth and development, mood, sexual function, reproduction, and metabolism, hence it is extremely important to balance the hormones to maintain our emotional, physical and mental well-being.
In this article we will list down 5 foods that will help fight hormone imbalances naturally.
- Broccoli: Fiber rich vegetable like broccoli, help your body maintain a healthy balance of sex hormones, particularly estrogen. An essential hormone for women, estrogen promotes a healthy reproductive system and the development of reproductive organs.
- Avocado: Avocado is known for its anti-inflammatory properties and is an excellent source of monounsaturated, polyunsaturated fatty acids. Regular intake of avocados can help in treating hormonal imbalance.
- Salmon: Fatty fish like Salmon provides excellent good fats for cell-to-cell communication, which leads to overall improved hormonal communication. The omega 3’s in salmon are needed for synthesizing hormones that regulate blood clotting, arterial function, and inflammation.
- Vitamin D foods: Consuming foods loaded with Vitamin D like eggs, fish and mushrooms helps in reducing inflammation and balances your hormones and also boosts your overall immunity.
- Quinoa: This super healthy fiber rich grain has a low glycemic index which means it releases sugar slow into your system, thereby stabilizing your blood sugar and in turn balancing your hormones.
The right nutrients give your body the building blocks it needs to produce and maintain a necessary balance of hormones. Including these 5 foods in your daily diet can help keep your hormones in check. However, if you notice anything out of the ordinary, its always better to consult a doctor.