One of the best go-to snack options, protein bars have a good balance of carbohydrates, protein, and fat.
In this edition, we bring to you a super healthy and nutrient-rich protein bars recipe. These no-baked, high Protein Bars are super easy, packed with nutrition, and are the perfect pre/post-workout fuel. They are homemade, topped with chocolate, made with oatmeal, and are the perfect snack to boost your energy and a great source of protein!
- 1/2 cup milk
- 1 cup peanut butter
- 1/2 cup honey or maple syrup
- 1 cup vanilla or chocolate whey protein powder
- 2 cups rolled oats
- Optional: 1 tsp ground cinnamon
- Optional Add-ins (1 cup): chocolate chips, raisins, dried blueberries, chopped dates, or melted chocolate for topping
- In a medium heavy pot, combine milk, peanut butter, and maple syrup/honey over low heat. Stir just until all ingredients are well combined and warmed through. Remove from heat.
- Add protein powder, oats, and optional cinnamon or add-ins. Stir to combine well. Taste and add more maple syrup or honey if desired.
- Press evenly into the pan, using firm pressure to compress the mixture into desired bar thickness.
- Allow bars to cool completely. Once cool, cut into squares. If desired, drizzle with melted chocolate and let cool.
- Wrap in an airtight container and store at moderate room temp for several days, or chilled in the fridge for a week.
Serves – 12
Serving size – 1
Calories – 279
Protein – 9g
Carbohydrates – 38g
Fat – 11g
Calcium – 52mg (4% DV)
Iron – 1mg (6% DV)