Imagine a glassful of healthy fruits and greens, so tasty that you will crave for it again the next day, and every other day! Yes, our today’s recipe is full of fruits, vegetables, and nutrients. In fact, it is one of the healthiest drinks one can have and is delicious at the same time. Yes, we are talking about Green Smoothie.
This nutrient-dense drink is extremely rich in fiber, potassium, calcium, iron, vitamin C, etc. You’ll curb hunger and feel satisfied while nourishing your body with anti-inflammatory ingredients.
There are a number of ways to make a green smoothie, some may use only green vegetables, while some add fruits to enhance the flavor, and the combinations of fruits and vegetables are endless.
Making a green smoothie is very simple, all you need is a blender and a handful of fruits and vegetables. So, let’s get started with the recipe –
- 1 cup of ice cubes
- 1 cup frozen pineapple chunks
- ½ cup frozen banana slices, about 1 medium banana
- 1 cup diced apple
- 2 cups baby spinach
- ½ cup non-fat plain Greek yogurt, or dairy-free
- 1 cup unsweetened almond milk
- Add ice cubes, pineapple, banana slices, diced apple, baby spinach, yogurt, and almond milk to the blender.
- Blend it at a medium speed for about 30 seconds. Increase to high speed for 15 to 30 seconds until thick and smooth.
- Adjust with more almond milk if needed to reach the desired consistency.
- Serving size – 250 ml
- Calories – 105 cal
- Fats – 1g
- Protein 3g
- Carbohydrates – 20g (of which fiber is 3g)
- Vitamin A – 25% DV
- Calcium – 11% DV
- Vitamin C – 18% DV