Consuming food and drinks that contains a lot of sugar causes the levels of glucose in the blood to reach sky high, and this prompts the production of hormones in the brain that makes you feel happy and well. This is exactly how the phenomenon of addiction works, which basically means that you get addicted to sugar as it make you feel happy. So how to get over this sugar addiction?
We will share some simple tips that will certainly help you detox your body and get back to healthy eating habits. So here is what you should be doing after consuming lot of sugar-
- Drink plenty of water: Whenever you have a sugar craving, drink a glass of water. Water helps suppress your hunger as well as helps flush out toxins from your body.
- Eat more fruits: Fruits can act as a perfect substitute and a great way to satisfy your sweet cravings. Make some delicious recipes using fruits and yogurt. The fiber content in fruits helps sweep out poisonous substances in the gut. What’s more, they are also loaded with vitamins and minerals, keeping your body well nourished.
- Eat more protein: Try consuming more protein in your diet, preferably from lean protein sources. Protein is very good at regulating the levels of glucose in the blood, thus keeping it from spiking which can cause you to long for sugar.
- Eat small meals regularly: This is extremely important so that your body gets at steady supply of all the nutrients and glucose, which will help keep your blood sugar levels in check.
- Exercise daily: Regular exercise is an integral part of any healthy lifestyle. It helps you sweat out the toxins and at the same time burn the extra calories consumed in your sugar binge.