Heartier than normal banana bread, this Banana Oat Bread makes the perfect breakfast bread! This banana oatmeal bread recipe is a loaf of hearty, yet moist and delicious banana bread with nutritious ingredients that can be made in one bowl.
We use oatmeal (rolled oats) in this banana bread instead of flour and dates instead of sugar. Bananas are already sweet. Especially if you use overripe bananas, sometimes you don’t even need extra sweetener! In this recipe, we use dates to make the vegan banana bread a little sweeter.
- 3 ripe bananas
- 2 cups rolled oats (180 gram)
- 3 large dates (60 gram without seed)
- 2 teaspoon baking powder
- ¼ cup coconut oil (60 gram)
- 3 tbsp + 1 tsp water (50 ml)
- 1 tbsp cinnamon
- pinch of salt
- Preheat the oven to 340 °F / 170 °C and grease the baking tin. Tip: use a silicone mold, so you don’t have to grease.
- If you have rolled oats instead of oat flour, grind the rolled oats in a food processor or (hand) blender until you have oat flour! Put the oat flour in a bowl.
- Grind the dates and bananas in your blender or food processor.
- Add the coconut oil, salt, water and optionally the spices (cinnamon or biscuit and gingerbread spices). Mix until smooth.
- Grind the oat flour + baking powder through the mixture until you have a nice batter. If you like creamy banana bread, add a little more water. The thickness of your batter also depends on the size of your bananas.
- Pour your batter into the cake tin and decorate with the extra bananas or toppings.
- Bake the banana bread for 50-60 minutes. From 50 minutes, check with a skewer whether it is cooked. Let the banana bread cool for another 10 minutes after you have taken it out. Enjoy your meal!
- Serving size – 1
- Calories – 208
- Protein – 4g
- Carbohydrates – 36g
- Fat – 0g
- Fiber – 5g