If you have been to Indian subcontinent, then you must have definitely come across this white cube of cream known as Paneer. Paneer is Indian Cottage cheese which is made by coagulating the milk by adding an acidic food substance (lemon, vinegar). Paneer contain calcium, phosphorus, vitamins and protein that are necessary for our body.
- Paneer is rich in protein, calcium and potassium which are useful in making strong teeth and bones.
- Being a rich source of Omega 3 and Omega 6 fatty acids, it is useful in preventing rheumatoid arthritis.
- It is rich in protein content and dietary fibers which are beneficial in digestion through improving the metabolism therefore it helps in weight loss.
- Since it is super low in sugar and other carbohydrates, it helps to lower the risk of type-2 diabetes.
- Paneer improves hemoglobin and helps in building immunity against ailments like bronchitis, asthma, cough and cold etc. It is specially recommended that children must eat paneer on a regular basis.
Quantity – 100g
Calories – 289
Protein – 14g
Carbohydrates – 2g
Fat – 25g (out of which 15g is saturated fat)
Calcium – 480mg
We all know that anything consumed in excess can be harmful for our bodies. Paneer, being high in fats, especially saturated fats, should be consumed in moderation. One serving of paneer can be consumed on a daily basis to reap all the benefits and at the same time enjoy the creamy goodness!