Your diet is important for your digestive and overall health. What you put in your stomach can make a difference in the health of your digestive system. Along with the food choices, the timing of consumption is equally important to maintain optimum gut health.
Below is the list of food that you should eat/ avoid on an empty stomach as they may cause digestive issues –
Foods to eat:
- High-fiber foods such as apples, oatmeal, broccoli, carrots, and beans
- Low-fat foods such as fish and chicken
- Foods with low acidity, or are more alkaline, like vegetables
- Drinks without caffeine
- Probiotics such as curd, yogurt etc.
Foods to avoid:
- Tea/ Coffee
- Acidic foods like tomatoes and some fruits
- Fruit juice
- Fatty foods
- Fried foods
- Carbonated drinks
- Spicy foods
- Sugary foods
Try and avoid eating something acidic on an empty stomach (like coffee, tea). Start your day with water (best thing to have on an empty stomach) or some fruits, curd etc. There are a lot of things you can have, just try to have something which is alkaline in nature and preferably rich in fiber.
Good health begins with being conscious about what and when we put into our bodies and learning how to fully optimize those good food choices.