In today’s age, when there is so much processed food everywhere, it becomes important to take care of your gut health.In this article, we will discuss one such food item that is regarded as one of the best prebiotic by a number of dietitians and nutritionists around the world. We are talking about Curd. This gut friendly natural food item act as one of the best prebiotic.
Curd is the Indian name for yoghurt. It is usually prepared by adding a spoonful of curd to a bowl of warm milk and allowing it to set for some 5-6 hours. Natural yoghurt is called curd in India. Let’s take a look at some of the benefits of curd that make it a super healthy food-
- The probiotic bacteria in card help you to digest the food that you are consuming. It helps you to get rid of various stomach related issues.
- If you are a lactose intolerant you can have curd. Bacteria’s in it breaks down the lactose before it enters your body.
- Being rich in calcium, curd is also very good for our bones as well as our teeth.
- Some studies reveal that consuming two cups of yogurt daily for four months can increase the immunity capacity in the blood by five times as compared to not eating.
- Curd reduces the cholesterol level in your body, which helps in keeping the arteries clean and it allows smoother blood flow. This helps reduce heart problems and keeps the heart healthy.
The best thing about curd is that you can experiment and make delicious recipes out of curd. You can make tasty and healthy dips to accompany your meat or you can add some fruits, nuts or stevia to it and enjoy it as a dessert. Just have curd on a daily basis and you will be amazed to see its results.