Almond milk is becoming a widely accepted and popular replacement for normal dairy milk as it offers a variety of health benefits.
Almond milk is made by blending unsalted almonds and water until the almonds are completely broken down. The resulting milk is a creamy, dairy-free drink with a mild almond flavor.
In this article, we will find out 5 science-based health benefits that Almond milk offers –
1. Weight Loss: Being extremely low in calories with one cup at 40-50 calories, almond milk is a great substitute for other varieties of milk. It will help you lose or maintain your
current weight without missing the essential nutrients that milk contains. Make sure to consume the unsweetened almond milk to make the most of it.
2. Good for Skin: Almond is extremely rich in Vitamin E, which contains antioxidant properties essential to your skin & health, such as protecting it against sun damage.
3. Lactose-Free: For people dealing with the condition of Lactose intolerance, almond milk is ideal for them. Almond milk is naturally lactose-free.
4. Low Sugar Content: When compared to conventional dairy milk, unsweetened almond milk has minimal to almost zero amount of sugar. This makes it suitable for those restricting their sugar intake, such as people with diabetes.
5. No Cholesterol: Almonds are a good resource of monounsaturated fats and polyunsaturated fats, which facilitate lower bad cholesterol in your body, and intake of almonds on regular basis helps, raise the good cholesterol levels.
Serving: 1 cup or 240 ml
Fat: 2.5 g
Protein: 1.5 g
Carbohydrates: 3 g (of which 2 g is fiber)
Calcium: 482 mg (48 percent of daily value)