The Farmer’s Walk is probably one of the simplest exercises there is in terms of execution. All you need to do is lift a pair of dumbbells in your hands, hold them by your sides and walk for a certain distance, this completes your one set. You can also perform farmer’s walks carrying kettlebells or any other heavy object.
Now let’s take a look at some of the benefits of this movement and why you must be doing it –
- Builds Size and Strength – The farmer’s walk engages all the muscle groups in one movement. It’s an exercise in pure strength.
- Compound movement – It gives you a total body workout by involving arms, shoulders, abs, legs, glutes and back muscles.
- Strengthens Grip – It help strengthen you grip as you need to hold a heavy object in your hand for a certain period of time.
- Stronger Abs and oblique – Farmer’s walk puts great emphasis on you core and oblique development.
- Develop Balance and control – You can develop a great sense of balance and control by performing this exercise regularly.
Farmer’s walks can be part of a legs or back day. It can help you take your physique to an entirely different level by increasing your strength considerably.
You are bound to achieve results with this great exercise that provides a total body workout.