Waffles are satisfying, versatile, and can appeal to anyone in any age group and diet. What I love most about them is that they bring people together!
You don’t have to be an amazing cook to be an amazing waffle maker. All you need is a waffle griddle, good intentions, and a great recipe. Here is my tried and true healthy high protein waffle recipe:
– 1 cup all-purpose flour
– 3 whole eggs
– 1 cup almond milk
– 1 teaspoon cinnamon
– 1 teaspoon salt
– 1 scoop protein powder (tastes the best with Kaged Muscle Supps Vanilla MicroPure Whey Isolate)
– 1 mashed banana
– ½ cup chopped hazelnuts (optional)
- Warm-up waffle griddle.
- Mix everything together in a large mixing bowl until the batter is nice and creamy. You want the consistency to be a medium thickness.
- Pour about ½ cup worth of batter (could be more or less, depending on how big you want your waffle) on the waffle griddle.
- Cook until it’s brown on both sides.
- Repeat until you’re out of batter.
- Top with your favorite healthy toppings and enjoy!
- To make it vegan,
- sub the eggs for “flax eggs.” To replace one large egg, finely grind 1 tablespoon of flax seeds in a grinder. Place in a small bowl and stir in 3 tablespoons of filtered water. Allow to sit for 30 minutes before using in a recipe.
- choose a vegan protein powder
- To make it low fat,
- sub the 3 whole eggs for 4 egg whites.
- sub the banana for ⅓ cup mashed berries
- sub the almond milk for ½ filtered water
- remove the chopped hazelnuts