Pomegranate is one of the most beneficial fruits known to men and have been used since ancient times as a healing fruit. It is a rich source of vitamins, minerals, folic acid etc and it is a good anti-oxidant. Studies show that, the regular consumption of pomegranate will provide incredible health benefits to our body and reduce the risk of cancer & heart diseases.
- Protects Heath: Pomegranate is an iron rich fruit. Regular intake of pomegranate will maintain the good flow of blood in the body. And it lowers the risk of heart diseases and heart attacks.
- Fights Cancer: High level of anti-oxidants in pomegranate is very effective to fight against the cancer radials.
- Antiviral: Pomegranate juice prevents illness and fights off infection due to its antibacterial and antiviral properties. This helps in boosting the immune system.
- Skin care: Pomegranates have been traditionally used for clearing up the skin and reducing inflammation. It helps in regenerating skin cells, tissue repair and encourages blood circulation to the skin.
- Safe for Diabetics: Despite its sweetness in the juices of these fruits, it is actually safe for diabetic and pre-diabetic patients to drink pomegranate juice. Because pomegranate fructose is structured differently, our body doesn’t digest the natural sugar in these fruits as we do normal sugar.
Quantity – 100g
Calories – 83
Protein – 1.7g
Carbohydrates – 19g (out of which 4g fiber and 14g fruit sugar)
Fat – 1.2g
Vitamin C – 10.2mg (17% DV)
Vitamin K – 16.4mcg (21% DV)
This amazing fruit consists of three times as many antioxidants as both wine or green tea. The advantages and health benefits of pomegranates are countless, so get your hands on some of these juicy fruits and start reaping the benefits!