Do you want to get rid of those ugly looking pimples which can spoil your party mood? Then this article is for you. You might think that pimples are caused by various environmental factors, however your diet also plays an important role in fighting or promoting pimples. Truth be told, nutrition is slow but full proof cure for all the health related issues in human body.
So here is our list of Foods to eat/avoid in order to cure pimples from the roots –
Foods to avoid:
- Processed Foods: Processed food are high in saturated fats, which may lead to inflammation in the body and it results in pimples.
- Sugar: Sugar spikes your blood sugar levels which indirectly affects your skin health.
- Fast Food: Fast foods are high in fats as well as sugar. Stay away from these foods as much as possible.
Foods to Consume:
- Probiotic Foods: Probiotic foods help keep your gut healthy by regulating digestion. This helps digesting food properly and thereby helps your body to absorb all the nutrients, which is essential for your skin health.
- Fatty Fish: Fatty fish like Salmon, Tuna etc. are rich sources of omega 3 fatty acids. Omega 3 fatty acids fight inflammation, thereby preventing pimples. Alternatively you can opt for a good Fish oil supplement.
- Fruits and Vegetables: Fruits and vegetables are packed with antioxidants which fight the free radicals that cause damage to your skin.
- Turmeric: One of the best foods rich in antioxidants, turmeric, contains the anti-inflammatory polyphenol curcumin, which can help regulate blood sugar, improve insulin sensitivity and inhibit the growth of pimple-causing bacteria.
- Green tea: Green tea contains polyphenols that has been proven to reduce inflammation. Regular consumption of green tea on a daily basis will help fight pimples for sure.