Apple cider vinegar is a favorite among health gurus and beauty fanatics alike. Apple Cider Vinegar (ACV) is produced from apple juice that’s been left for fermentation to form health-promoting probiotics and proteins naturally, giving it altogether less sugar and fewer calories than apple juice or squeezed apple. It contains acetic acid and nutrients such as B vitamins and vitamin C.
Its wide-ranging benefits include everything from curing hiccups to alleviating cold symptoms, and some people have turned to apple cider vinegar to help with health concerns including diabetes, cancer, heart problems, high cholesterol, and weight issues. Read on to discover all these amazing benefits –
- Improved Digestion – Drinking apple cider vinegar in water can help to naturally improve your digestion. It contains healthy bacteria – the gut-friendly bacteria that helps to keep your digestive system working properly.
- Strengthen Your Immune System – Prevention is better than cure, so protecting your immune system means you’re more likely to ward off diseases and infections. And here’s where the healthy bacteria in raw cider vinegar come into play. Studies have found that healthy bacteria could help you recover sooner if you do get sick.
- Regulate Blood Sugar and Aid in Diabetes – Apple cider vinegar is full of acetic acid which appears to slow down the digestion of simple carbohydrates, thus regulating blood sugar levels from the brief highs and longer lows of a high carb diet.
- Weight Loss – Apple cider vinegar’s acetic acid has been shown in studies to suppress the accumulation of body fat and liver lipids. Its pectin content is also thought to slightly reduce your body’s ability to absorb fat.
- Improves Skin and Nail health – Thanks to its natural antibacterial and antifungal properties, apple cider vinegar is used as a natural treatment for healthier skin and nails.
Apple cider vinegar is packed with health benefits, but there is a right and wrong way to use it – and the “wrong way” can potentially be dangerous and unhealthy. See to it that you consume it sparingly, a daily dosage of around 15ml (1 tablespoon) would be just about ideal. Take it well diluted with water and avoid taking ACV immediately after the meals.
The best practice would be to consult a health care professional before starting a new routine. So incorporate a tablespoon of this super healthy drink in your daily diet and reap its amazing benefits.