Flu is a serious contagious disease that can lead to hospitalization and even death.
With the recent outbreak of the deadly Coronavirus (COVID 19) across the globe, it is very important that we take care of our health and maintain good hygiene.
Here are a few healthy habits which you can adapt to protect yourself and others from flu and help stop the spread of germs.
- Avoid close contact: The best way to avoid getting sick is by keeping a distance with sick people. On the contrary, if you are sick, avoid going to crowded places.
- Maintain hygiene: Washing your hands often will help protect you from germs. Regularly wash your hands with soap and water or use an alcohol-based hand sanitizer.
- Maintain your immune system: A strong immune system can help you fight those flu germs and keep the illness at bay. Strengthen your immune system by consuming a lot of fruits and vegetables, exercising frequently, adequate daily sleep. You may also include a vitamin C supplement to boost your immunity.
- Cover your mouth and nose: Cover your mouth and nose with a tissue when coughing or sneezing and dispose the tissue immediately. Respiratory diseases such as Coronavirus, SARS etc. are cough and sneezing in the open.
- Avoid touching your eyes, nose or mouth: Germs are often spread when you touch something that is contaminated with germs and then touch your eyes, nose, or mouth.
- Stay Hydrated: This one never gets old. Keeps yourself always hydrated. One recent study found that staying hydrated may boost immune response to enable your body to better fight the viruses.