The coronavirus pandemic is creating stress in the global population. With so much negativity around, it is easy to succumb to the situation and feel depressed. At this point of time it becomes even more important to take care of your mental as well as physical health by following a healthy routine consisting of good quality sleep, nutrition and daily exercise.
We have listed down 5 effective tips to help you overcome this coronavirus anxiety –
- Avoid Negative Media: It is very important to keep yourself informed and up to date with the current situation as we fight this pandemic. However, make sure that you trust and follow only genuine and reliable sources of media.
- Daily Exercise: Most people will not have access to a gym during the crisis, so it is important to create a daily exercise routine at home. Clinical studies show that regular exercise produces chemicals, such as dopamine and serotonin, which are as effective as antidepressant medication.
- Get a Good Night’s sleep: Good quality sleep is a form of overnight therapy and increases the chance of handling strong emotions.
- Meditate: Make some time for meditation or yoga or read a book to calm yourself. This will also help you to relax and will have a positive impact on your thoughts and feelings.
- Eat Anti-depressant foods: Traditional Mediterranean food, sometimes referred to as the ‘anti-depression diet’, for its antioxidant and anti-inflammatory properties, includes whole grains, vegetables (particularly green leaves), fruit, berries, nuts (including almonds), seeds and olive oil.
Make sure to use your mobile phone only for making calls and sending important messages. Stop reading all posts on the Coronavirus, put on the social media. Don’t believe in the rumors that have been spread by unscrupulous elements. Read some good books and listen to your favorite music. Above all have faith and be your usual self!