Almonds are one of the most healthiest nut available in the market and contains a wide range of vital elements like soluble and insoluble fiber, protein, omega-3 fatty acid, omega-6 fatty acid, vitamin E, potassium, zinc, calcium, magnesium, and so on.
Being such a nutrient dense food, it is associated with a number of health benefits. Let’s check out a few.
- Almonds are a good resource of monounsaturated fats and polyunsaturated fats, which facilitate to lower bad cholesterol in your body and intake of almonds on regular basis helps, raise the good cholesterol levels.
- Studies demonstrate that almonds have the ability to decrease the after-meal escalation in blood sugar and hence they assist in stabilizing blood sugar levels and offer a protection from diabetes.
- Scientific readings show that almonds contain omega fatty acids that help in the growth of the brain function.
- Almonds are a good source of micro-nutrients such as calcium and phosphorus, strengthen the bones and teeth.
- Almonds are rich in vitamin E, help in retaining the same in your body to maintain a healthy skin and bring about a natural glow.
- Almonds are a rich source of magnesium and vitamin E, deficiency of which is known to cause hair fall, hence eating almonds regularly promotes healthy hair.
Quantity – 1 ounce (28g i.e. around 30-35 medium sized almonds)
Calories – 160
Protein – 6g
Carbohydrates – 6g (out of which 4g fiber)
Fat – 14g (out of which 12.5g is poly and mono unsaturated fat)
Magnesium – 75mg
Potassium – 200mg
Everyone should incorporate almonds in their daily diet. Recommended dosage for almonds is around 1 ounce or 28gms per day to reap all the benefits of this amazingly nutritious nut.
So keep calm and eat Almonds!