Low in calories, naturally fat and cholesterol free, high in potassium, high in magnesium and super hydrating – these are just a few of the many benefits of coconut water. It is one of the most underrated natural foods available to mankind. This amazing health drink has numerous benefits and uses. Let’s take a look at some of them –
- When we sweat, we are burning calories. But we also lose key electrolytes, nutrients, and water. All of these are critical in our body’s ability to function properly, so it is incredibly important to re-hydrate and replenish immediately after or during a high sweat cardio workout. Coconut water is ideal to be consumed in such a situation as it replenishes the electrolytes and keeps the body hydrated.
- Coconut water helps to raise your metabolism, it also consists of bio-active enzymes and is rich in fiber which helps in proper digestion of food, and thereby promoting weight loss.
- High levels of potassium present in the coconut water help to balance the sodium levels in the blood, helping the body to maintain blood pressure levels.
- Magnesium content in coconut water helps to fight symptoms of depression and promote a healthy state of mind. Magnesium is also important for optimum muscle functioning.
- Coconut water, when consumed regularly has the ability to improve blood circulation within the body. It helps to widen the blood vessels which get restricted due to the formation of plaque within them and helps the blood to flow smoothly through them.
Quantity – 250ml
Calories – 46
Protein – 2g
Carbohydrates – 9g (out of which 6g Sugar)
Fat – 0.5g
Magnesium – 60mg
Potassium – 600mg
Nowadays packed and processed coconut water from various brands is available in the market, which may contain added sugars and chemicals, therefore it is suggested to go for fresh and organic coconut water and reap the benefits of this magical health drink.
There’s not much that a coconut can’t fix, so don’t worry – drink a coconut!!