Adding interval training to your fitness program has both mental and physical benefits:
• You lose weight faster. The more vigorous your exercise, the more calories you will burn, so even short bursts will help you lose weight.
• It eliminates boredom. By varying the intensity of your exercises, it changes things up. Not only will your fitness program go by faster, but you won’t experience the drudgery that can come from doing the same routine every day.
• No extras needed. You already have the equipment you need for your interval training because you’re already doing the basic workout. Interval training requires no special skills — the only thing needed is more effort on your part.
• You increase your fitness levels. You will improve your ability to exercise and increase your stamina over time.
• You reduce the time spent on exercise. You spend less time exercising, but you burn the same or more calories as with your normal routine.