Coconut oil is a great ingredient that can be used for myriad things including skin and hair care treatments. Let’s explore a few of these magical benefits of coconut oil –
- Coconut serves as a great moisturizer and some of the fatty acids contained in it have antimicrobial effects that can help fight bacteria and virus. Instead of using it to moisturize your face, which can cause breakouts, you can use it as a moisturizer for the body as it is rich in fatty acids and has both antibacterial and anti-inflammatory properties. It protects and nourishes skin, helps in retaining moisture, and controls dryness.
- Coconut oil acts as a great makeup remover because it breaks down impurities as well as sebum, which is responsible for oily skin. If you have an oily skin type or wear a lot of makeup, you can use coconut oil as a cleanser, and then you have to follow that up with a gentle water-based facewash for a more complete cleanse after.
- You can even use hot coconut oil as a pre-shampoo treatment to soothe dry hair before you shampoo and condition. Leave it for at least an hour to let it really sink in and penetrate your strands. It can be a great ingredient to either condition with or leave in to help repair the damage that occurs to your hair shafts from coloring, heat, sun, etc.
- You can use coconut oil to whip up your own body scrub to exfoliate with, for brighter and softer skin. It is ideal for someone who has sensitive skin to test out exfoliation. It is recommended to be done once a week to start with to ensure that it is suitable for your skin.
- Use coconut oil to cleanse your makeup brushes before washing them with soap and water.
- It also helps fix cracked lips and replenishes the lost and lost components that lead to dryness. It is also used in treating dandruff. Apply the oil lightly to your roots and massage it with your fingertips in circular motions. It’s not going to make your dandruff disappear, but it can help soften the flakes.
- Using coconut oils on your cracked and dry cuticles could repair them. It can also be used on minor burns and cuts and may aid in its closure.