Many people have actually experienced superpowers like abilities when in ketosis. Numerous studies have also proved how a keto diet can improve your health. So it’s not magic, but Science!
Let’s have a look at some of the benefits which Keto diet has to offer –
- Weight loss is the most common reason why more and more people are turning towards ketogenic diet. A long term ketogenic diet can help you lose body fat and maintain a healthy weight.
- A ketogenic diet also helps in restoring normal blood sugar patterns. So much so that many diabetics have even experienced a reversal of their condition.
- You are likely to notice better concentration, faster thinking and improved problem solving abilities as well as improved memory, when on keto.
- Studies have shown that on the ketogenic diet patients have lower cholesterol and triglyceride levels, leading to an improved cardiovascular health.
- A ketogenic way of eating has been shown in studies to increase survival rates and improve health in some cancers.
- Fat is very important to maintain a good hormonal balance and a well formulated ketogenic diet serves this purpose.
- Ketones produced from fat oxidation are used as fuel during intense weight training sessions, endurance activities, and are proven to do much better than glucose as a fuel.
What are the Side effects?
Just like a coin has two sides, keto diet has its share of side effects as well. Although not very significant, it is always a good idea to keep yourself informed of what you might experience when in ketosis.
- When in ketosis, you may notice that your breath will have an unpleasant odor due to the increased ketone levels in your body.
- You may experience a short term fatigue phase (also known as Keto flu) when you start the keto diet. This is because your body takes some time to adapt itself into using fats as a source of energy instead of glucose.
- During the first few days of starting the diet, you may experience frequent urination.
- Constipation is one of the most common side effect of ketogenic diet. But it may disappear in a few weeks, once your body gets used to the healthier food you’re eating.
Follow @PhysiqueGlobal and keep an eye out for our next article to find out if you should be doing Keto diet or not.